Meri Sadak application was introduced as part of the government’s Citizen Feedback system. The application was meant for grievance redressal relating to roads built under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) and Other Roads (Non-PMGSY). The application allows the citizens to register a complaint regarding the pace of work, quality of work, land disputes etc. for a PMGSY and Non PMGSY road along with photographs of the site. The complaints are handled by the respective State Quality Coordinators (SQCs) of the Nodal Department in the State Governments.
Launched in 2015, the Mobile App has been revamped with a view to empower the citizens and make it more user friendly. The enhanced version of the application includes the below features:
– Improved UI
– Lets the user register a complaint for a PMGSY and Non-PMGSY road – both onsite (on the road) and offsite (remotely) and track the redressal through the application
– Recommends a list of PMGSY roads to the user based on his/her location and District/Block/Village and Habitations
– Auto identifies and recommends PMGSY roads basis user’s location
– Introduction of an interactive Citizen section to let the user see roads (new connectivity and upgradation works) sanctioned, completed and in progress in his/her District/Block. Also lets the citizen submit a complaint on these roads.
– Provision to reopen a complaint within 10 days if the citizen is dissatisfied with the response
– ‘How to Identify a PMGSY Road’ section to aid citizen in spotting a PMGSY road
– ‘Find Nearby PMGSY road’ section to find the nearby PMGSY roads
– Display of contact details of the concerned officials responsible for resolving a particular complaint
– Enhanced ‘My Profile’ section